View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleaic_Kerensky
Yes, you read the last part right. I sense there's more than a hint of luck involved in the loot tables, and the math behind it all clearly is broken, or more likely to my conspiring eye, steered in some code mathematical way. It's bad enough that invisible one shot torps, and suddenly automatic team drops that kill coordination in runs, are bugging STFs anymore, but the loot table problem IS a big fat problem. Given I suspect the devs are too focused on newer content once again, and have completely ignored STFs in general once again, there needs to be a louder community shout to fix all of this.

Something I swear to heaven, is badly off here. I make this complaint on the behalf of the community, the part that is shafted by the loot table and bug situation here.
Agreed. Since I'm back playing STO, I have run about 50-60 STFs with different toons, and these are the techs I found

Proto Shield Tech x4
Proto Body Armor Tech x1
Proto Weapon Tech x1

Rare Shield Tech x1
Rare PSG Tech x1
Rare Weapon Tech x1
Rare Body Armor Tech x1

That's one tech about every fifth run. Hearing about people not getting any tech for hundreds of runs sounds totally contrary to my experience. There must be more to it than simple luck.