View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 08:13 AM
If you decide to get into STF's, you will have to respec. STF's are less forgiving than general PvE.

I'd say Phased Polaron weapons are superior to regular Polaron weapons, so yes by all means if you can get them do so. Like I said before, if you stick with the Jem'Hadar set, you'd be better off with Polaron (phased or not) weapons. If you can't bear to part with Tetryon weapons, consider polarized tetryon weapons, they have a much higher chance of procing. Also if you stick with tetryons, I'd get the Breen set. It has a better shield in my opinion, and has 30% EPS transfer bonus. The Breen set also gives a transphasic damage bonus, so you could swap your quantum torp for a rapid reload transphasic torpedo launcher, or the transphasic cluster torpedo launcher.

In all honesty though, I think you'd be better off sticking with the Jem'Hadar set and going phased-polaron weapons.

EPS Console helps recover energy faster. This is useful when say changing from one mode (defense) to another (attack). Also it will recover your energy faster from the full impulse drain. I found it invaluable in STF's.