looking for Fleet Escort build advice
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice on my Fleet Escort build for my Science captain. I don't plan on getting too much into PvP or STFs anytime soon, so this will be used almost entirely for PvE. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm sure it could be better.
Fore: 3x Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannon, 1x Quantum Torpedo
Aft: 3x Tetryon turret
Jem'Hadar Shield, Deflector, Engines
Tactical consoles: 3x Tetryon Pulse Generator, 1x Zero Point Quantum Chamber
Engineering consoles: 2x Neutronium, 1x SIF Generator
Science consoles: 1x Shield Emitter Amplifier, 1x Field Generator
Cmdr Tactical: Torpedo High Yield 1, Tactical Team 2, Attack Pattern Beta 2, Attack Pattern Omega 3
Lt Cmdr Tactical: Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Cannon Scatter Volley 2
Lt Engineering: Emergency Power to Weapons 1, Engineering Team 2
Ens Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields 1
Lt Science: Hazard Emitters 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2
I also put the build here, along with my skills:
Specifically, I was wondering about the following:
1. I'm not so sure about my skill point allocations. I didn't really know what I was doing when I started out, and I don't know if it's worth a respec.
2. I was thinking about picking up a couple Phased Polaron Cannons from Boldly They Rode, that way I could take advantage of the Polaron bonus from the Jem'Hadar set and still get the shield drain from Tetryon.
3. Can I do better than the Jem'Hadar space set without grinding STFs?
4. Any suggestions for DOffs?
Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!
If you're intent on using the Jem'Hadar set and play primarily PvE, then repeat the "Boldly They Rode" mission to get yourself 4 of the Phased Polaron Dual Cannons. Then, to match the energy type, get 4 Polaron Phase Modulators. A Fleet Escort doesn't have the insane turn rate of the Defiant or Prometheus so having 3 of the Phased Polaron Beam Arrays in the aft might work well for you too as they will bump up the rear-arc damage more than turrets will.
Yes - dump the torpedo - sacrilege, I know, but try it - I think you'll like it.
As far as the SIF console goes, I suggest to replace it with either and RCS or an EPS console.
If you decide to stick with all cannons/turrets - you will need the extra turn rate. If you go with mixed cannons/beam arrays, you will want the eps to keep your weapon power up.
Consider the Borg Assimilated Module as a replacement for the shield emitter amplifier. It will provide a modest improvement to hull repair but it will also grant some bonuses to CritD and CritH and weapons power as well.
This is my suggestion for a torpedo-less Fleet Escort with DC's/BA's:
TT-1; BA:O-2; CSV-2; CRF-3
TT-1; AP:B-1; AP:O-1
HE-1; TSS-2 (optional PH-1; ST-2 - for those science spammers)
1. I haven't looked at your Captain's skills so I don't have an opinion there.
2. I actually think the Phased Polaron weapons are OP/broken right now. I think they're proc'ing way way WAY too much.
3. Combined together? - probably not. But there are good single pieces here and there.
4. I'm sorry but I haven't progressed far enough with my Doffs to have any good suggestions.
The deal with chain activation is this: When you have two copies of the same power - say Emergency Power to Shields - 1, activation of the first power (A) puts it on a 45 second cooldown and puts the second (B) on a 30 second cooldown. The power itself is active for only 30 seconds. So when the power expires, you can't use A for another 15 seconds but B is ready to go.
This is a good, solid PvE build, IMO. Hell, I think I need to go build this myself!
If you focus will be on STF's or PvP however, then there will need to be some modifications which I think other people might have hit on already. (3-piece borg set, MACO/paratrinic shield, etc)