View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I'm probably thinking with my present assault cruiser flight patterns I should do well with the Excelsior's superior maneuverability. I don't think the Odyssey would be as durable a battleship as I'd hope since I already have tanking experience with an Aegis star cruiser.

Aesthetics too appeal to me and I'd rather seen in a beat up old Excelsior on hindsight. I'ts more 'exclusive' right now as most are purchasing Odysseys. Thanks everyone for the great conversation so far. I'm still at work and have yet to purchase the actual ship (or the c points to do so).

There is an underdog here... in a neighbouring thread there is mention of a powerful Tactical Nebula build. I just wish that ship didn't look so cute with its stubby proportions.
The Excelsior is an excellent ship. They Odyssey is too, and it can be pretty durable, but, for a true tactical cruiser, the Excelsior has a lot going for it (maneuverability being a major factor). I run one with cannons fore, arrays aft. It's fairly easy keeping things in the 35 degree broadside, honestly.

Dispersal patterns do nothing for TCMs. You get one high powered mine with a TCM. That's it. I don't see mines usually as a viable weapon system, unless it's in a B'rel Retrofit. Because then you can launch mines during an overrun at point blank without breaking cloak.