View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
We have to send our DOffs on assignments to "claim" the prizes once we get enough Datalogs, is this correct?
Yes. This is a bit tedious, but it does have the niceness of having a chance to get the purple Mark XII items. You'll have to go to your bridge and use your ready room console and speak with your tactical officer for the Deflector and Engine, it'll be listed under Special Projects. For the Shield, you'll have to speak with the engineer under Assemble.

Quote:
Also, do you mean to say the Mk XII Prototype Reman Shield is effectively "DOff-crafted" from a Mark XI Reman Shield using 10 Datalogs?
Yes, as I said above, you'll have to use 10 Datalogs (Read: Do the mission 10 times), have the Mark XI Shield before you can speak to the Engineer and to initiate the crafting mission.

Quote:
So to get the whole Mk XII set, it takes 1x run of the original Coliseum mission to acquire the Mk XI shield (possibly already completed, right?), then 16x "Vault Raids" to get the Datalogs? I suppose 17 mission runs (versus "zillions" of STF runs) to get a Mk XII set, is fairly reasonable. Huh.
Unfortunately yes, the bright side is there is no cooldown timer, so you can run this as many times as you'd like within the 1-hour time frame. (For now use private queues, the public queues have a tendency to have to fight for an open instance).

Quote:
It's too bad I have to dance to Crytic's schedule though...
We all have to dance to someone's schedule my friend, Cryptic's is just slightly less reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrician Ventinari
Anyway, do you know the set stats/features?
This thread has it.
In terms of the walkthrough we agree on mostly eveything. I might be wrong about the last room and having to remodulate the computer, I'm going in again to confirm. In the meantime, the general rule is if Obisek says to do it, do it.

The Two piece boosts your particle generator stat and increases the speed and durability of high yield plasma torpedoes.

The Three piece provides a damage proc to the shield akin to the MACO shield. Everytime you take damage to the shield, it'll have a chance to buff your shield's maximum health (up to 5 times).

source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Another tip: Torpedo Spread 1. I can't emphasize how useful this was. It's probably the only good AOE you've got at this rank. I'd reccomend plasma, but I'm using photon myself as I've also got the Nadeon detonator console.
Any high damage AoE will do, and since you won't have to worry about anything's position more or less, knock backs are fine. Photon is good enough to cut through most of the fighters, but against the bigger ships like the BoP or the Defender, plasma or quantums are probably a better choice.