View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
I guess I don't see much value in ~70 more shield regen every 6 seconds. I'd prefer the 10% reduction in energy damage and the 5% absorption.
I notice the extra regen when fighting borg in Elite STF's... their Tachyon beams routinely drained all shields, followed by big 80k+ plasma torp criticals. Shield base regen rates are directly multiplied by EPtS, so high base regen shields recover much faster than low versions. Once I switched from MACO to Omega, I immediately noticed Omega's better sustained damage mitigation in a prolonged fire-fight. MACO can survive bigger single hits but has problems recovering after all shield facings are drained.

Quote:
Did they nerf the Omega set again? I recall that I had -29 shield drain before and after the first nerf, and, again, I have no points in Flow Capacitors.
EDIT: I have maxxed flow capacitors, and at full 125/100 weapon power, it still drains -37 shields per facing per hit. Power Insulators are supposed to work now, so they will provide some protection against TG. However, I haven't seen any direct nerf to Tetryon Glider in this patch.

Quote:
I also like the 2-set bonus of the MACO set which is the +5% Power Recharge Speed. Which, I think, reduces the cool down by, no?
No, all weapon cooldowns remain the same, but the 5% power recharge level does increase DPS ever so slightly after the initial shot, but the net gain is quite small. Omega's shield drain effect adds a lot more total DPS.