View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This is exactly what I said would be happening in the interview. When new cosmetic variants of the three sets are made available to me I will put the current ones in the store. The new ones would then be the only ones that you can only get from drops.

There will always be at least one set that is only available on Elite and only available as a drop. This will not change. As a player you will have a choice, play now and hope that you get your drops for the current high end set.

Or, Save up EDC's and wait for that set to show up on the STF store.

The two choices you outlined above require the exact same activity.

To save up, for a currently unknown and yet to be announced, amount of EDCs requires to players to run an indeterminable (to the player) number of STFs.

To play now and hope you get your drops also requires players to to run an indeterminable (to the player) number of STFs.

I think the reason this issue keeps popping up is because most players seem to dislike the non-deterministic method of loot acquisition - which is compounded by specific STFs dropping specific Prototech with no method of trading in duplicates of said Prototech for another you've been unable to acquire.

I think many players fundamentally disagree with the concept that rarity gated through random loot makes it special.

I would very much prefer things like the special objectives of STFs to be expanded on with achievement of said objectives leading to either an increased drop chance teamwide, or a separate earn-able currency that would allow us to collect and spend in conjunction with EDCs to purchase the MK XII sets.

Make it hard, make it challenging, make us earn it through skill as opposed to random luck.