View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Thanks for the guide.

Just some info on the upgrades. To fully upgrade into a Very Rare mark XII complete set, you will need 126 datacores. That's 6 to make the mark XI engines and deflector (3 each). Then 30 to upgrade them to Mark XII rare (10 each), then 90 to upgrade them to Very Rare (30 each).

Personally, I think this is worse than the STFs in terms of the amount of time it's going to take to get the set. I don't mind a grind, but with the event being time gated, I can't even grind it. They really should make this event always available, but give it a cooldown or something.
Actually, the total datalogs needed would be 96. The very rare set is only 20 datalogs each:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vnqmc1.jpg

Also, if you get a Eureka! success in the assignment, you also get 5 datalogs back.

As for the time needed... I can definitely see how it would be hard for a lot of people. In my case, the planets came into alignment and I've been able to do the event twice a day (except for the ones that appear at 2 or 3 in the morning >.< ). So I'm well on my way, but even from rare -> very rare will take some time. Overall less grind than STF gear, but still a grind.