View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
If the numbers in the OP are from the combat log then he isn't just claiming to be mitigating more than half the damage received, he is.

I'm fairly sure the Negh'vars are Borg NPC's. If you're in a bad PuG that doesn't destroy them quickly they start using abilities that the KDF Negh'var doesn't have access to such as a cutting beam as well as the Plasma weapons. I'd imagine they have very little in common with the Klingon NPC.
If you understood programming, you'd know that a different object with a different skin is a separate instantiation of an object. While it is true that such an object could share the same base code (i.e. call a borg cube but use the Negh'var skin) it is also just as possible that they streamlined the code to reuse the same method to create the object with varying parameters. For example:
Call CreateShip(skin, base damage multiplier, base defense, base speed)....and whatever parameters could be called. So in the code they would have to use this method two times to call both a borg neghvar and a borg cube and perhaps only 1 of them was changed.

Call CreateShip(borgcube.skin, 5, 5, 2)

Call CreateShip(neghvar.skin, 10, 10, 5)

So you can see why a borg cube could have been fixed while the neghvar remained untouched. It is easy to miss another line of code somewhere, but this will still pass QA because they both still work even though one of them is still stronger than the other.