View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 263
05-04-2012, 01:26 AM
personally, I beleive the chat portion is probably the worst....

when you take the time to have a convo in the begining, everyone huddles around you as you type it out, and then halfway thru u notice that they still are not communicating thru team chat, only to realize, by meer habistance, looking at one of the individuals who has been goofing off like pee wee herman at a candy store that he HAS been talking the whole time, in ZONE chat.....

I just happened to turn around in a KA norm gnd,bout half way down into the dungeon of what is now unholy pain, and look at this 'person' to see a chat box appear above his head, with the words, and I quote "i've never done this before" ... followed by "what do we do now"...

which, by itself are perfectly acceptable, and welcome from any player, in the BEGINING, but above all in TEAM CHAT....
now i'm knee deep in borgified pain, and have no way of telling said player what to do, he is still running around AND has no weapon, none at all, trying to kirk foo his way past the borg to go to some corner that has nothing to do with anything only to return to me jump up and down for what felt like 10 mins, with said same zone chat box, in all caps.... "they wont die... they just wont die"
I dont think I have ever seen anyone die that much and still have the courage to return to the group and ask ... why....

my thought is, if we have to be forced into a PUG (by that i mean the 'teaming' portion when already ON a team)
can we also have it so that the chat controls also 'FORCE' you to have the team chat activated ? something along the lines of ...

I queue for INF space norm, the engage box is up, timer under 5 sec's, here we go...
as soon as the screen loads, BAM team chat is auto activated and SHOWING in your chat box, which of course is also FORCED OPEN to view......
now, I understand, this is not the all out solution, we will still have the 'i dont chat, i dont type, i dont communicate cause im too lazy to fiure out whats going on' people, but at least we would know that it is not because of the chat box, or settings that these people dont communicate.....