Thread: NX-01 Retrofit
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
man, you guys in Starfleet keep any old junk dont you? You advance your ships just to go..backwards. Hows the refit/retrofit of your NASA space shuttle going? Soon we wont have to worry about having to fight you because you will have reverted your tech so far back you will be shooting chimps into space!

300 years may be a bit much. i dont see the US NAVY refitting old wooden sailing ships with big battleship canons. Seriously, there is only so much 'upgrading' before the original frame starts to give way, not to mention its easier just to make a whole new ship resource wise.

But as is the norm, Cryptic will give it to you anyway, so i guess..enjoy your space junk?

Most of this is in jest, but still I think its really silly...
lmao there nothing with going backwards. Sometimes it is the best option. Look at the new Orion program at NASA. It basically a revised version of the Apollo program but modernised and improved. 1) Your forgetting that in sto the federation is at WAR so they will need every ship available. 2) I will continue the Enterprise collect for those who want to collect like myself, all the ships that had the name enterprise on them. But a T5 version of it na just make it a new skin. So it will be canonly where it should be but improved since it is mentioned the all old ships have been updated with the latest standard 25th century tech.