Thread: NX-01 Retrofit
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Yeah, but you see a 255m long ship be comparable to the Vo'quv in abilities? I don't.

As for ships being there that shouldn't...

Excelsior is a highly modular, easily upgraded ship. Just like the Miranda. It being tier 5 could work, as it's a long-serving ship and was constantly upgraded to match the times. And it was able to do so. I mean, okay being able to be just as good as a sovereign or Odyssey? maybe not. But it's still good enough to be a mainline cruiser.

NX retrofit/replica's at tier 0/1 are the old frame and design, newer tech. More useful as a training ship then an actual frontline ship. I say this because the NX design, unlike Miranda or Excelsior, wasn't really designed to have entire parts swapped out for newer things. Like the phase cannon assemblies. You can't just smack a brand new 25th century phaser in their place. Or the warp core even, the design of it's engineering would require a variant to hold the warp core, or that entire area rebuilt.

Also... NX-01 = the Enterprise of that class. It's actual name is the NX class ships.

Edit: However, I do agree that it'd be nice to see more new ship designs for higher tiers.
well ya but if you read my last post I mentioned that most if not all ships have been designed so it is easier to upgrade ships the term I think is "Modular" I still would be awesome to have either way and will be paying homage to ENT and to the artist and it shows why the consistution class looks the why it does.