View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Here's a EULA question I've come up with over the past day or so:

Can we have the player assume the role of a character from the shows. For example I've been thinking about creating some "holodeck programs" about Klingon history. Some of the great old battle stories from the time of Kahless all the way up to TOS era. These might be battles referenced in the show or ones I invent.

The idea would be that the player starts the mission in the holodeck, then that asset fades and they play out the historical story, taking on the role of someone who was there. Other NPCs address them as that character (like we've seen in the shows in holodeck programs). My original thought was to invent characters who were at these battles, but what if we can have the player take on the role of a canon historical figure.

For example, say I wanted to recreate the Battle of Klach D'Kel Brakt, with the player playing Kor. Obviously there's no way to change the player's likeness, so I wouldn't depict Kor in any way visually, and I'd make sure not to depict any other canon characters (might reference a few in dialogue though) but NPCs would address the player as Kor.

Is that permissible? Or should I go back to my original thought of making it all up completely or using battles that were talked about, but not in great detail?