View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
I do notice in your critique that you too have only complained that "you cannot be your character in the play." You never mention anything about the story itself. However if you comment is true then what would be different if your character would be in the story.

You suggest if we cut your character in the part then all of a sudden it is a great story. It doesn't work that way. I'm sorry the role calls for a young Vulcan female lead who is pregnant.

We are not sacrificing good storytelling to fit any players ego. My ego doesn't count because I am not an actor in the show...I am the producer. We are boldly going where no Foundry author has gone before.
I never complained that I can not be my character in the play. Quite the opposite in fact. I am perfectly fine playing a character that is not of my own fashioning, it is one of the things that caught my attention with this particular story. I only stated that with an on stage representation of the character that I am supposed to be portraying, it becomes confusing.

I did in fact comment on the story, saying that it needed to be further fleshed out, but that I expected future installments would accomplish this.