View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-13-2012, 12:11 PM
The downside of using shooter mode is the fact you cant actually 'lock-on' a target... In shooter mode as long as your target is even a bit inside the crosshair you can still hit him. But this method isnt advisable in cluttered up fights... you bring an npc down to 5% HP, and then another fresh hp npc walks into your crosshair... This has given me some nasty deaths...

But i like shooter mode because its more fluent gameplay than the rpg mode... I hate it when I have to press 10 buttons and 4 skills just to engage in a fight... I am not talking about the fight itself... I rather just use skills and a single button press to activate shooter mode. Less trouble, about the same fun i pressume. This lets you change targets quite litterally on the fly; just point your crosshair to another target and start shooting; whereas with tab you can actually press once to much and you get a target you dont want...

Both have their ups and downs...

But as I said before its really a personal preference. i prefer shooter mode.

I have setup my ground skills so that my most used ones are in the lower bar, so I can just press a number to activate; the others are in bar 2; to be activated with ctrl + number... And to be honest I cant play in rpg mode... It is just not for me. I think if it wasnt for this gaming mode, I would have let go of ground combat alltogether.

And about the hitting thing... It is kinda silly; especially in space where you evasive away with 10-15% hitpoints just to die 10 kilometers away by some invisible torpedo. That is frustrating; you seem to be safe and yet you still blow up... This has caused me to ragequit sometimes... Honestly. Ctrl-alt delete, open task manager and gameclient.exe 'end task...' Or rightclick in taskbar on the sto icon and select close window...

There are alot of things in sto I dont understand actually... By this I mean some game mechanics; the hitting issue is one of 'em...