View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3 A Very Good Mission!
05-13-2012, 01:02 PM
This is a solid mission with excellent mapwork and very well-written dialogue. I especially liked the custom designed astrophysics laboratory aboard my ship (the little details like the stairs surrounding the holographic display were a nice touch). The dialogue was excellent both for the fact that the grammar and spelling were error free, and the fact that all of the characters sounded like believably intelligent Starfleet personnel.

A couple of quick suggestions:

Near the beginning of the mission when *minor spoiler* I overhear the doctor talking with himself in the hallway, it might not be a bad idea to put an invisible wall up that prevents me from going around the corner until the conversation concludes. The dialogue assumes that he was unaware that anyone could hear him, yet I was standing right in front of him as he was talking.

You may want to be a little more descriptive about where to find the door to start the mission in DS9. I had to hunt for a minute to find it, and while it didn't bother me in the slightest there are players who may dock you points for that. Consider referencing a known landmark in the promenade (e.g. the first door to the right of the STF gear shop).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this mission and that is reflected in the score I gave (5 stars). Well done! I look forward to playing more of your missions in the future.

p.s. As a wannabe science nerd who watches shows like History's "The Universe" I really enjoyed your references to dark matter and its impact on galactic rotation, as well as your acknowledgment of the difficulties of trying to observe a phenomenon without fundamentally altering its nature.