View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Bridge Officers need to have "rank" seperated from "skill". Even giving them a "title" which included all the ranks would do the trick. That way even though the officer in question has maxed out their learning potential, I can still call him a Lieutenant.

Having bridge officers located throughout the ship would be great, but it needs to be done correctly. I.e. Using the Doff sys department head setup, the first officer should be placed somewhere on the bridge. The chief science officer should be either in the science lab or at a bridge science station. Doctor in sickbay, obviously. Chief engineer, in engineering. If the same officer is used to man a science station and is also your chief science officer, then a generic NPC could be used, to avoid duplicate officers spawning on the bridge.

*** The ability to call your department heads to the bridge, via the captain's chair. Appropriate NPC beams into the bridge turoblift, walks to the command chair and stands at attention until you dismiss them, at which point they re-enter the turbolift.

Similar to pets, I'd like to ability to bring one or two bridge officers with me into social zones. That way I'm not always travelling through Spacedock or DS9 alone. Kirk virtually always had Spock or McCoy along, same with Picard, Riker and Data. This would be an optional deal, so one didn't always have to bring an extra officer along all the time.

I think those concepts, however they get implimented, would radically enhance the immersion factor.