View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
To be blunt, I don't give a damn. This thread is merely my asking my fellow players for helping come up with different possibilities for a ship name that I might like to use for my person in-game ship as well as a physical 3d model that will be sitting on my entertainment center. I have every right to set the criteria as to what I would or would not like for my own ship.

1) Nothing pertaining to a specific religion or anything Political (Guardian Angel for example represents and overall ideal and is not religion specific so that would be acceptable. A Guardian Angel and a Spirit Animal or Spirit Guide are all much in the same)

2) What language the word or phrase is from doesn't matter, as long as the person posting the suggestion can clearly state what language it is from and the accurate translation into english. This is to prevent any "translation errors"

3) I want something original and unique.

None of this infringes on your personal rights, it is just my personal criteria for my personal ship as I have stated so instead of trying to be a purely disruptive annoyance please refrain from such pointless, disruptive posts.

_________

Now as far as the other suggestions so far, not bad, most all of those names have had very decorated ships in the military and quite a few have been used on Star Trek. I appreciate the suggestions, but I'm looking for something more original and unique. That's why I'm having so much trouble coming up with something. With all the words in all the languages you'd think it'd be easy to come up with something original for a ship name, yeah not so much.

Huh. I actually looked up ships in service and history for most of those. I used to disposition the Mt Whitney, there and has never been a Dahlgren that I'm aware of and it's entirely likely that you have me on ignore, which is cool too.