View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaemon View Post
Why do you need aux performance for cruiser? For aux to *?
The aux performance is for better heals, HE 1 & 2 as well as Aux to SIF. I can see your point that it's not worth fully investing in though, especially since it's DPS I'm having trouble with not healing.

Quote:
I have eng galor, i use 7 beams and 1 tricobalt mine. Mine realy helps, aspecially if you want to stop probes\bops\raptors. i have no such problems, 4 probes are almost killed by single FAW.
So either you're telling me that having a single less beam array is going to significantly raise my DPS, or there's quite a bit about your setup that you're neglecting to mention.

Quote:
Also throw away those power transfer console, it does nothing from the moment they changed weapon power drain mechanics.
Yep, already done. Even stacking four of them only gave me marginal results, so I'm definitely not wasting my time with just one.

Quote:
Also 125 weapon power is "absolutely must have", it will increase dps a lot.
With the equipment & skills I'm using weapon and shield power are at 125 whenever EPtW/S is up.

Quote:
Do not use more than 2 emergency power to * abilities as they have shared CD. I prefer to get 2*EPtS and set weapon preset to 100 reducing shield, which is compensated by EPtS.
EPtX abilities do share a cooldown, but you can manage 4 instances of them. You'll lose about a second between each one, but you can pretty much chain them so that you can permarun two abilities, in this case EPtS & EPtW.

Quote:
Get eject warp plasma, its really nice.
One of the changes I've made is a theta radiation vent console, which frees up an engineering slot since I don't have to have Eject Warp Plasma.