View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
So if you do the math: 100 +9.9+5.0+4.9 +15 = 134.8. That is without using RMC or EPS-PT. So it is possible to maintain high weapon power levels! You just need to set things up correctly.
It's not possible to have any power level above 125 to my knowledge, so why bother getting to 134.8? Does the game keep track of excess power & make use of it if you dip below 125? If so it seems to defeat the 125 cap somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
Now, in a cruiser, Id like to inform you that dealing high spike DPS is not your job! Healing Team mates and providing support is! One of the best combo attacks I feel a cruiser can provide in PVP is BFAW combined with APB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MallowOni
It works great in PVP & normal STFs, but I'm finding in elites it can't do enough DPS... Stopping raptors before they reach the Kang in Cure or killing the 4 probe spawns in KA is out of the question though.
I've already specifically stated this setup works well in PVP as it is, and that my problems were only in elite STFs when I'm trying to help with adds because PUG members don't seem to like winning, i.e. they'd rather let the Kang blow up or let probes through the Time Vortex. In this case I want consistent DPS, not spike. I want to be able to destroy a steady stream of targets at a reasonable pace, not blow 1-2 up in a few seconds. The setup as is works great for keeping AoE aggro and not dying in the process, or tossing heals to other people when needed. It just fails, unsurprisingly, when I'm forced into a role I didn't build it for. The thing is I have seen other cruisers tank successfully and still destroy targets a lot faster than I can so it's obviously possible to have a ship that does both, but as I said before they either don't say how they're able to do so or they give me advice that simply doesn't work, such as the person last night telling me a single EPS console would keep my weapon power at 80+.