View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MallowOni
I'm running a slightly modified version of something (<--setup here, click me!) that was suggested previously when I asked about cruisers. It works great in PVP & normal STFs, but I'm finding in elites it can't do enough DPS to handle more than a couple of probes at a time in Khitomer, and it takes a while to stop two birds of prey in Cure (though I can stop them before they reach the Kang). Stopping raptors before they reach the Kang in Cure or killing the 4 probe spawns in KA is out of the question though.

As far as I can tell the reason is probably because the weapon power drops so much while the beam arrays are cycling. I start at 125 & drop to about 50 normally or as far down as the 30s when Beam Fire At Will is running. This causes me to hit for a third of my maximum damage when the weapon power level is down. Other players have told me they keep their power levels close to 100 all the time, but I don't see how. I took one player's advice & swapped in an EPS Mk XI (70%) which I didn't have before (I was using an RCS in that slot) and didn't see any difference whatsoever. Even when I replaced all my engineering consoles with EPS I only stayed about 10 weapon power higher than before.

Any ideas how I can keep my weapon power and DPS up?
You're already doing everything you can to keep your weapon power up.

I don't care what anyone is telling you, you will not be able to permanently maintain 100+ weapon power with 8x beam arrays running BFAW (yes even with EPS Transfer + perma EPTW 1).

That's also not your problem.

You're a cruiser, your DPS on elites is always going be limited. You can stretch it out a bit more if you are a Tac, but if you are unable to deal with masses of probes or BoPs, my guess is you are an Engineer.

That brings us to your other, more major problem.

As you are not there for your DPS in a Cruiser, you are there for support and tanking.

Yet you have no threat control , and while you do have Extend Shields a copy of TSS would be good imo (and better than tractor beam).

TSS is negotiable imo, Threat Control is not.