View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6 Responses.
05-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbart
A few things you might want to consider:
- You're sacrificing the subsystem targeting abilities that come inherently with your ship without beams.
Edit: fixed some typos
Beams vs. Cannons

I agree, with you on the subsystem targeting point. I am thinking "Target Subsystems" is not that important to me, and I could be very wrong here. You can tell me if this makes sense.

Target Subsystems
- lasts 30 seconds
- has a 2 min cool-down
- to "equip" them all take four slots on the bar

Rapid Fire (w/ Polarons)
- lasts 15 sec.
- has a 30sec. cool down (Rough ratio 4:1)
- and because I am turrets w/ the high rate of fire the Polaron proc will go off once, maybe twice a single usage

The Polaron proc is 25 power drain across all subsystems, so in the time that some uses TSS I and waits for the cooldown of one of the abilities, I have used RFC I x4 times, and probably had the -25 drain go off 3-8 time across all the targets subsystems, and RFC I is one button on my bar.

Quote:
- 3 Polaron Phase Modulators definitely provide better damage increase because they stack additively (search the forums)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
I, too, would recommend going back to more of the polaron-specific tactical consoles
I will re-test.

Quote:
- Not running any STF sets put you very far behind the pack. If you read around you'll realize they're OP
I agree they have some bonuses that are nice, but my goal is power drain. Now, if you see a set that help me drain faster, I am all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneofcon
tractor beam to hold the enemy in place so they cant escape the rift?
Sir, no, sir. Though, I do understand your thinking. Reason being, I am not trying to cripple a ship with a one-button attack, rather, I am layering one attack after another, all of them pointed at the same goal - Power Draining. You can only escape "part" of the rift. I am still going to drain your shields, and then energy siphon, and then...and then...and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
You might want two pieces of the omega Force set, for the tetryon glider...all these powers share the same cooldown timer. I would suggest dropping tyken's rift one, and moving to Hazard emitters 1, then use that slot for scramble sensors 1
I see the wisdom in your sound and sage advice. Thought:

Scramble Sensors wont last that long (not specced for it), is there another draining ability I could use instead?

TO: ALL

Whether I agreed or disagreed with the responses, THANK YOU. I appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts.