View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
It may not be the most exigent way of writing it but whats the problem you see with the sentance?

Nothing in the EULA prevents this - There is no legal barrier to stop you from doing the above mentioned action

Please refer to the EULA for a list of ôStar Trek Properties - work within the guidelines of the properties owned by CBS. ie dont use harry potter in your mission or have the USS optimus prime save the day.
ah but your missing the trick.

New Game Materials may utilize the Star Trek Properties as provided by CBS and Cryptic Studios unless otherwise specified in the Prohibited Uses section below. You may use the names of characters (past or present) from the Star Trek Properties.

Star Trek Properties are defined as including:

Star Trek - The Original Series
Star Trek - The Next Generation
Star Trek - Deep Space Nine
Star Trek - Voyager
Star Trek - Enterprise
Star Trek - The Motion Picture
Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn
Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek - Generations
Star Trek - First Contact
Star Trek - Insurrection
Star Trek - Nemesis

from this point i could use anything i wanted to from these source materials. now the next part

Prohibited Uses of the Star Trek Properties:

You may not use the first or last names, likenesses, or other depictions of any actors appearing in, or writers, directors, or producers of the Star Trek Properties.

at this point all established characters are nullified. unless they DONT look like the established characters

You may not use copyrighted content from the Properties, including but not limited to web content, promotional materials (posters, advertisements) or existing licensed merchandise (novels, trading cards, figurines).

Well seeing as the first list contains a list of copyrighted materials..... How does this work?

its like telling a town it can build a bridge across the river to the other town provided the bridge has zero environmental impact.

but thats my take on it. seems liek it walking around in circles