View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
This FAQ is a total game changer for me.

I've had workarounds for things that apparently no longer need workarounds.

Among other things, this basically frees up every canon Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Hirogen, Klingon, and Cardassian for the Foundry.

I mention those specifically because those are all species where they were able to use actors' doubles facing the camera and where they would allow actors to play multiple characters even in the same episode. In fact, there was a rule about actors having to wait several years between appearances on Trek if the actor could be recognized from an out of makeup role and this was, specifically, waived for actors playing Klingons, Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Hirogen, and Ferengi.

For example, they let David Warner play Gorkon and Madred within a short span of having appeared out of makeup as a human in Star Trek V, under the rationale that neither Gorkon nor Madred were recognizable as Warner.

So this pretty much opens up Quark, Dukat, Garak, Neelix (again, the rule was waived for him appearing out of makeup, indicating Paramount didn't consider him recognizable as Neelix), Worf (who gets covered twice here, both as an NPC and as a makeup covered person), Odo, Martok, Dathon... A TON of canon characters.
But they don't really define it. What if the eyes are likeness?