View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4death
So, I love Star Trek, so even more so do I love playing in the STO universe. However, I become really disappointed when the game doesn't start up and there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. Here is the problem I have encountered. The launcher works beautifully and the game starts; however, once I hit the Cryptic loading screen, the bar makes it 1/3 of the way through and freezes. I have literally let it sit on the loading screen for hours, doesn't budge. When I try to close out the program is says it has crashed.

I have re installed the game and nothing has happened, still the exact same problem. I
I have disabled all of my firewall settings, nothing has happened.

I am playing on an HP Pavilion dv6-1334us Entertainment Notebook (Whatever that means if it is helpful)

Another thing I need to say: I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but about the same time this problem arose, Google Chrome started acting up and crashing. It keeps giving me error reports of: "The following plugin has crashed: UNKNOWN." Don't know if that helps or not, weigh in please.
Ok, I would suggest this, at the launcher, find and click the 'options' tab. Next, tick "disable on-demand patching." You will start downloading about 4gb more (making the full 10gb the game requires).

You obviously can run this as I know pavillion stuff is capable and chrome has no input on gaming. Your firewall may not be an issue but the antivirus could be, though if you use AVG or AVAST well, I have never had issues with them.

Still, try the launcher fix first and post if it helped.