View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracyl View Post
Hello all,
The Vessel: Reconnaissance Science Vessel

- I chose this one because the extra Tac. Station may allow this skeleton to hit hard with weapons.
Good choice. I love my recon. You want the polaron consoles though.

Quote:
Weapons Package (Mk XII):

1x Polaron Cannon, 4x Polaron Turret and 1x Plasma Torp. Launcher

- I chose Polarons because of the 2% proc.
- I chose turrets because of the fast rate of fire, and the 360 degree firing arc.
- I chose a Plasma Torp because, and tell me if I am wrong, I have noticed an AoE affect with the Plasma Torp. detonation. If I am too close to an enemy when my torp lands, I also get hit with the plasma "splash". So, AoE...
I went with Beam Arrays for and aft + fire at will, but this could work. I'd sub in one DBB or Beam array so that you can do subsystem targetting and/or a beam overload. Personally, I've found Tac Team overrated. I MUCH prefer having Eng Team on a 15s cooldown.

I'd also strongly suggest Attack Pattern Beta. It can really soften things up for your torpedo hits. My Recon went up in ugliness pretty quickly for PvE when I added it... helps you, helps EVERYONE.

Quote:
Engineering Console (MK XII - Rare to Very Rare):

Field Emitter
- To help with shield tanking

Neutronium Alloy
- Over-all Damage Reduction

Better off with 2 Neutroniums and adjust your shield power if you really need more.

Quote:
Science Consoles (MK XII - Rare to Very Rare):

Flow Capacitor
- Help with Energy Drain Abilities
Emitter Array
- Shielding
Shield Emitter Amplifier
- Shielding
Field Generator
- Shielding
I do 2x Flow, 1 Generator, and the Borg Universal Console

Overall I do 2x Omega (Shield/Deflector) and 2x Borg (Engine/Universal) Good combo of Speed, turns, shield draining, damage, hull healing.

Quote:
Science: (1 Lt. Commander, 1 Commander)
Polarize Hull I
Hazard Emitter II
Tachyon Beam III
Science Team I
Tyken's Rift I
Energy siphon II
Tyken's Rift III
Even with the Deflector DOFF, you can't really support Tyken 1/3 and Energy Siphon. You're better off swapping Tyken 1 for a Tractor Beam. I've not been fond of tachyon beam... doesn't do enough to warrant a spot.

I used to do Polaize/Hazard and ultimately came to the conclusion that I desired the Polarize effect more. Any time I was using Hazards, I'd inevitably get tractor'd and desperately wish that Polarize Hull wasn't on cooldown. So, I reorganized my skills...

Polaize 1 and 2,
Transfer Shield Strength (drop science team)
Engineering Team (get 3 Blue/Purple Doffs and you can be popping this constantly... both good hull instant heal + enhanced regen)

Just my opinion, obviously... but I'm much happier with this loadout.

Quote:
Now, I understand there are sets (Shields, Engines, Deflectors, etc.) that have set powers attached to them. I did not include them in this build because I do not have access to them yet.
Borg stuff is REALLY easy to get, and MK X and MK XI sets are pretty easy too.

Quote:
But now, that I have given all of this information about my "dream" build, we have come to the crux of this posting. In PVE, I keep seeing "bigger" enemy power levels fluctuate, but I am not able to keep an individual ship "gasping" for power.
Consider your drains more a situation where you're reducing the severity of the opponent, rather than crippling them outright. A Tyken 3 centered on a cube will make them much tamer... energy weapons won't hit as hard and it'll pop the HY Plasma Torps immediately.

Quote:
Can someone share their wisdom with me on the weaknesses of this build, on the point of energy draining?
Well, personally I think turrets are a little weak. Your ship would hit considerably harder doing sweeping broadsides with 5x Beam Arrays + 1 Torp. It's not so much a matter of the draining, just killing them quickly while drained.