Abilities that don't make since.
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
05-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by
This is something the DEVs should pay attention to.
1) A gas that kills the crew? Really? Who thought of that one? They must not know "jack" about space. In space you are in an airtight ship, how could you die from a gas outside your ship?
2) Escorts outruning torpedos? How can a ship at impulse outrun a weapon moving at low warp? Why are escorts able to fly in reverse faster than some ships moving forward. I didn't see forward facing impulse engine in the ship scimatics.
3) Why is the smallest ships flying with the heaviest weapons, yet flying like a fighter craft as if the are carring nothing? In real life, Bombers and spector guships carry the heaviest weapons of the sky and the are not that fast and manuverable as fighters. How many fighter jets you know carry 105 Howitzers or Nuke cruise missiles? In the sea, the Destroyers and Frigates don't carry the largest guns or biggest missiles. They are made for speed but they give up armor and weaponry to do so. They are made to protect the larger slow carriers that don't carry heavy guns or major missles. In this game, what is the purpose of the escort? Is it to destroy everything and get away with it? Is to be totally untouchable in right players hands?
4) Fighter that have hit point like ship? Why are the Advance versions of fighters that Klingons have now that are as tough as Birds of Prey? Its bad enough that fighters take your attention away from the player but do they have to be as tough as the player?
5) A Klingon teleporting spotainiously around in diffentent sides of an opponent? That doesn't sound like Human or Klingon technology. I don't think thats how transwayp is supposed to work. You have to time travel like a Q to instantaniously move all over tha map or around a person different times.
I think you need to be a little more open minded to things in the game/scifi movie. It's a fictional universe after all. Now if i do have to defend this with canon:
1) We are talking about a fictional universe where there are many materials that don't exactly obey the laws of physics. May i remind you that even though the ship is made of Air-Tight materials, there are windows made out of force-fields which are penetrable by some materials,gasses, etc (The very reason why plasma inflicts direct hull damage even with shields up)
2) Source that torpedoes travel at low warp? As far as i know there is exactly one episode in TNG where an outfitted torpedo case was traveling at warp. In addition: Warp 1 is on theory the speed of light. So whatever low warp it is, we shouldn't be able to see/track the torpedo trajectory if what you stated is true.
To further disprove this point. There are many many engagements in Star Trek series and movies where ships were dodging torpedoes.
3) That's canon: Check USS Defiant. Also a fact is that ships don't take too much weapons space and they are so big mostly because of crew quarters, hangar bays, shuttle bays, etc...
A warship (escort if you prefer) doesn't have these extras, so that it can both have better weaponry and higher maneuverability.
4) Well firstly a BoP isn't a very tough ship if you can hit it. Also even if they have the same hull as a player, they don't have the abilities a player usually has, that literally triple (at least) his survivability.
5) It is year 2409 so basically you can't dismiss the technology. Even when transwarp didn't exist, there were stunts like the Picard Manouver for example. It's not very hard to believe that such ability can exist.