Abilities that don't make since.
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
05-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by
This is something the DEVs should pay attention to.
1) A gas that kills the crew? Really? Who thought of that one? They must not know "jack" about space. In space you are in an airtight ship, how could you die from a gas outside your ship?
2) Escorts outruning torpedos? How can a ship at impulse outrun a weapon moving at low warp? Why are escorts able to fly in reverse faster than some ships moving forward. I didn't see forward facing impulse engine in the ship scimatics.
3) Why is the smallest ships flying with the heaviest weapons, yet flying like a fighter craft as if the are carring nothing? In real life, Bombers and spector guships carry the heaviest weapons of the sky and the are not that fast and manuverable as fighters. How many fighter jets you know carry 105 Howitzers or Nuke cruise missiles? In the sea, the Destroyers and Frigates don't carry the largest guns or biggest missiles. They are made for speed but they give up armor and weaponry to do so. They are made to protect the larger slow carriers that don't carry heavy guns or major missles. In this game, what is the purpose of the escort? Is it to destroy everything and get away with it? Is to be totally untouchable in right players hands?
4) Fighter that have hit point like ship? Why are the Advance versions of fighters that Klingons have now that are as tough as Birds of Prey? Its bad enough that fighters take your attention away from the player but do they have to be as tough as the player?
5) A Klingon teleporting spotainiously around in diffentent sides of an opponent? That doesn't sound like Human or Klingon technology. I don't think thats how transwayp is supposed to work. You have to time travel like a Q to instantaniously move all over tha map or around a person different times.
1) It is not GAS it is an area of Radiation. Apparently this radiation interferes with the operations of the Shield Emitters and if enough of it gets into the Hull it begins to irradiate the crew which leads to their injury if not death. (Technically they are supposed to be "Injured" not "Dead")
2) A. Um... Who says that Torps are moving at Low Warp? That would not even make sense seems how it should be relatively impossible to hit anything moving at those speeds and they would not be able to turn. It is fully conceivable that the BIG and powerful engines of a ship could out match the small ones of a Torp and that the Torp will run out of fuel before the ship does. However, these Torps really ought to track their target for a longer time period than they do.
B. Besides a difference in Mass I am uncertain... Just like I am uncertain why it is that moving in reverse drains power from my ship mysteriously.
3) This is Space my friend... No Gravity, No Air Resistance, No Water Resistance. There is nothing to prevent any ship from being armed to the teeth and still moving around well. Escorts are built around their guns like the A-10 is. They do not suffer performance issues because they have relatively small Mass compared to other ships. The lower the Mass and the higher the Engine output the Faster and more Nimble you can be.
4) ... Do you mean the Birds of Prey the Carriers launch or are you talking about To'Duj? Because the prior... IS a BoP... The Latter is NOT as tough as an end game BoP fitted even remotely well. As for the Kar'Fi's super Frigates... Weeelll... I dunno... Maybe their Hull is partially Neutronium?
5) Ever seen the Picard Maneuver? If they are doing what they say they are then they are warping a very tiny distance. This should mean that they push and pull space around them suddenly to move themselves into a better position. They would seem to "Disappear" because light cannot bounce off of them while they warp. The better question is: If they can warp like this during combat why are we restricted from warping out in general?