View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5 Getting PO'ed
05-24-2012, 12:00 PM
This is really getting on my nerves. I just missed a vault event just trying to get into DS9. Let me refresh you devs on whats going on. I have been having a long long long long long load times in some sections of the game. But it seems to be on this PC. I have a little Netbook that is less capable then this box that has no or very little wait time on load screens. So it has to have something to do with the setup on this machine, but I can't for life of me figure out what. I have optimized the TCP/Internet settings to where I have a almost 6mbs download (fast not the fastest in the world but it is fast) and have killed all apps not necessary and freed up most resources. Its still slower then snot.

The netbook and this machine have similar core processing power just that the netbook has poor video hardware. Yet it almost loads seamlessly in most areas and very little pause in the sol and ds9 sectors.

So what do I change? And don't say dl the whole thing cause that is not the problem, just makes it take 2hrs to load the game each time. Which i will not do.

later