Thread: Voice Commands
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 137
05-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I know this post is a little old but I still think that having Voice commands on STO is something that is very applicable to STO and its something that a lot of players dont even know is possible!

With myself, I spent a few hours gathering some STO computer voice samples and then got rid of the lower quality ones and now, I have about 25 that are very good quality and ready to be used.

If your running Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you can set up voice commands free*. All you will need to do is to click Start, Control Panel, Speech recognition, then train your computer. Spend a while making sure that your P.C understands you properly***

Then click this following Microsoft Link to download Windows Speech Recognition Macros*
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=13045
After you've done those 2 steps then your ready to start making them! Its literally very easy. If you click the WSR (Windows Speech Recognition) Macro icon, then click security and make a certificate - just click O.K basically. Then to make a new macro: click New Speech Macro, then advanced, then you will have a box pop up. In here I have an example of what I've used:
<speechMacros>
<command>
<listenFor>Repair Ship</listenFor><sendKeys>32</sendKeys><run command="E:\STO\Voice\Link Established.wav"/>
</command>
</speechMacros>

<listenfor> means what you want to say
<sendkeys> means the keys to press when you say it
<run command> means the sound file you want to use to acknowledge that its gone through.

Thats it! Its very responsive and immersive*** On Star trek, with the talking to the computer throughout every series, now you can quite literally do it do for your Star Trek - STO

(This message is on 2 posts to bring attention to the newer players in case they didnt reliase the facility of voice commands are available)