View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 196
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
My observation is that without Stoked STO will suffer its worst community fallout yet. STO needs the community endorsed advertising.
STO was just fine the last time STOked was gone. And to be honest I haven't watched more then 10 minutes of an episode since Jeremy left. I know I'm not the only one. I listen to several podcasts. I don't need to see Chris' face or screenshots of things I've already seen on the forum or twitter to enjoy a podcast.

Quote:
Cryptic and PWE have failed to advertise this title well and does not yet realize the impact silence on its only true form of advertising STO really has.
This game has had plenty of advertising. You're assuming no one knows about it. Hundreds of thousands know about it. There were so many people here at launch the servers couldn't handle them all for months. More advertising won't bring those people back. They left because STO wasn't what they wanted. Lack of end-game content is the same reason people are abandoning SWTOR in droves. It's just the way MMOs are now. STO's a casual game - the kind you play on and off, not the kind you play consistently. It's only the die-hards who think it's something more then that.