View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
From what I noticed using my obsolete (read: awesome) Gal-R in ESTFs, I seem to have no problems at all with cubes.

But the transwarp gates do fire an invisible torpedo that as you said, deals damage about 2-3 seconds before the animation hits.
Yeah, it's when I'm in closer with gates that it's really an issue anymore, not so much the cubes and spheres (aside from when I am being inattentive). It's nice that the gates have some definite blind spots, or so it seems, though.

In the Borg encounters, the command ships' torpedo salvo also likes to hand my ship the damage either before or after the visual of the explosion sometimes. You have plenty of time between it being fired and when it will hit you regardless, so you can prepare for it all the same -- it's just amusing when the explosions and screen-shake aren't in-synch with the shield and/or hull damage/absorbs.

I'm not really worried about it, but the more captains that are aware it can happen may mean more are giving a little more care to their defense and handling the damage.

Also, re-iterating the above post. Yeah you may outrun the visual, but it already "hit" or "missed" you as soon as it was fired.