View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Discuss: Sub-system targeting
06-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I would like to have a short discussion with regard to how the current sub-system targeting abilities work in PVP and how they might be improved upon to not only make sub-system targeting a viable option for all ships to toy around with, but to also indirectly make Engineering Team a viable option as a counter to sub-system targeting; which is an engineering de-buff.

Currently sub-system targeting drains power from a targeted sub-system, be it Shield, Weapons, Engines or Auxiliary. This has the effect of making abilities and weapons reliant on subsystem power levels less effective when the sub-system is at lower power levels. This effect is however extremely temporary and easily overcome by the many ways to increase power levels, passive power drain resistances and engineering team currently being able to repair any sub-system that is disabled Therefore, I would like to tweak all sub-system targeting abilities to do something similar but perhaps better suited.

I think that the purpose of sub-system targeting is to diminish or weaken the sub-system being targeted. A de-buff in more simplified language. However, as stated above, draining the sub-system power level is perhaps not the best way to do this. In fact, I believe that the sub-system targeting ability should in fact de-buff the sub-system itself in the best way possible; by affecting what skills buffs the sub-system to begin with and what abilities relies upon the sub-system.

Therefore, I propose the following changes and would like you to share your thoughts. Note: all these new de-buff effects will clear immediately with Engineering Team.

Target Shields:
- X% Starship Shield Emitters for 15 seconds. (Reduces Shield Healing effectiveness)
- X% Starship Shield regeneration for 30 seconds (Reduces five ticks of shield regeneration)
- X% Starship Shield Performance for 15 seconds. (Reduces extra power given to sub-system from skill bonus, if Skill bonus goes into the negative from this de-buff, power is subtracted from the sub-system accordingly)

Target Weapons:
- X% Starship Energy Weapons for 15 seconds (Reduces Energy Weapon Damage. De-buff cannot go below zero)
- X% Starship Energy Weapon Performance for 15 seconds. (Reduces extra power given to the sub-system from the skill bonus, if Skill bonus goes into the negative from this de-buff, power is subtracted from the sub-system accordingly)
20% Chance to disable a single random weapon for 5 seconds (Disables weapon for a complete cycle)

Target Engines:
- X% Starship Warp Core Efficiency for 15 seconds. (Reduces Skill bonus effect. De-buff cannot go below zero)
- X% Starship Warp Core Potential for 15 seconds. (Reduces skill bonus effect. De-buff cannot go below zero)
- X% Starship Engine Performance for 15 seconds. (Reduces extra power given to sub-system from skill bonus, if Skill bonus goes into the negative from this de-buff, power is subtracted from the sub-system accordingly skill)
20% chance to disable engines for 5 seconds. (Drains all power from Engine Sub-System)

Target Auxiliary:
-X% Starship Auxiliary Performance for 15 seconds. (Reduces extra power given to sub-system from skill bonus, if Skill bonus goes into the negative from this de-buff, power is subtracted from the sub-system accordingly)
30% chance to reduce Auxiliary power level by 50% for 15 seconds
10% chance to disable Auxiliary sub-system. (Drains all power from Auxiliary Sub-system)