View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horridperson

In response to Shinkuu-Akagan's coomments in respect to TR and GW their effects did seem rather ineffectual against other players. On the other hand the tractor beam seemed to function to the same standard it had against E opponents.

I still haven't committed to the removal of my science team but it remains under consideration. As an aside I actually run two hazard emitters and like then in tandem with my tactical team.

I've commented on DPS before and it hasn't been that important. One thing I am considering is removing the BO2 ability from my Lt Tac and replacing it with BFAW2. The "damage spike"(insert laughter here) that results from beam overload eats my weapons power and results in a significant drop in my damage output afterwards. I think it would be better to maintain steady fire and replacing it with fire at will would offer superior tactical applications.

I do like the point defense unit but it is really a waste on this ship and with this captain as I have built them. With a tactical captain I'd be more inclined to retain it for cannon shenanigans but here not so much.

Antimatter Spread can often be more useful than the Point Defense. Also GW IS actually handy Vs. Fighters. It is about the only thing it really helps with in PvP.

Tractor Beam works fine if the enemy has not invested in the proper hard counter skill. The problem comes in when they have put a at least three bars into Inertial Dampeners. Then you start to see Tractor Beam become rapidly useless. It merely slows them down minorly.

BO gives a decent damage spike so long as your weapons power was good when you used it.. Keep in mind that BO only uses ONE beam so it does not matter how many beams you have. It is far more important that the one beam be a DBB. BFAW by contrast will widdle down your power level more slowly but ultimately it deals considerably less damage to one target and as it does fire all beams the lack of beams to fire with will further decrease its effectiveness. To this day I have yet to have EVER been hit by a BFAW that did more than tickle me even when I pilot Birds of Prey. Besides killing Bio-Neural Warheads and some other clutter BFAW is rather useless.