View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Its not copying stuff from the KDF, its asking to be put on the same level.

You don't need run abouts you have orion interceptors which are in the same general usage. They disable weapons/engines, are launched in thress, and the advanced version has chrons. This means they are great for people wanting to stop a sphere or prob in place just like the runabouts do.

Whats being asked for is a federation frigate. Its not asking for a "federation bop" or a "federation firjai". We are talking about adapting a ship to fit a void the Atrox has, which is that it lacks a frigate (which is a pet type unique to "big" carriers on the kdf, while there FDC's only get fighters and such). Seeing as the Atrox is a "big" carrier and "big" carriers get frigates, wheres the Atroxs frigate?
Put on the same Level, so you want over half your content removed from the game? Significantly less ship choices and parts to make them out of?

For Example
Klingons get 2 choices for Shuttles. The Toron & the Tu'Doj. Fed gets how many? Danube, Peregrine, Delta, Yellowstone, & the new Stalker.

Yeah I left out a few. The Type 8 is a joke, the Type F and Chaffe are from a pack, the Vulcan comes with a ship Now if we Consider the Toron to equal the Danube and the two Fighters to cancel each other out. You still got three and each has an advantage. Fairness does not exist in this game. I'd settle for just being able to claim the Yellowstone Engines or a MK 2 Toron with 2 BOFF slots. As for the Stalker, there is no way I'd fly anything else in a shuttle PVP match.

Realistically and Logically an after the fact Launched Frigate will not be added to the Caitian Carrier. And if there was it would need to be a Caitian design.

And if you want a Carrier that has Frigates nothing is stopping you from going to the KDF side.