Thread: Ds9
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-08-2012, 09:31 PM
I remember when DS9 came out how much I hated it, I never watched it past the first episode. When I got back into Star Trek I watched Voyager, Enterprise, and re watched TNG. DS9 was the last series I watched.

I watched the first two season's and only found a handful of good episodes. After that, whoa. Things really picked up and I was hooked bad. The only way to describe DS9 is EPIC. Great character development, Huge overall story, Gigantic space battles. It has become my favorite Trek by far.

Allot of Trek fans hate DS9 and most I talk to never really gave it a chance. They couldn't get past it being set on a station or that Sisko gives a "Forget You" to Picard in the first episode. Or the other big one I hear is, "They don't explore". Well unfortunately in Star Trek "exploration" is only a new alien race with new forehead makeup you will never see again. DS9 actually fleshed out alien races like the Klingons, Cardassians, Bajorians, and Jem'Hadar.

Fact is DS9 is the biggest storyline that ever happened in the Trek verse. I would go back and rewatch almost all of the Trek series again and after DS9 I saw how they didn't stack up. Quite frankly, most of the main characters in the other series are poorly developed and just dull. Voyager, in particular, seemed like a Saturday morning kids show after DS9. If you're a Trek fan and you have skipped DS9, you have missed out on some great entertainment.