View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Its a damn shame that they've excluded pvp from the starbase play. Once again a golden opportunity to boost pvp numbers that they will let slip through their fingers.

Personally, I'd like to see development of the garbage be tied to defending and attacking other starbases. So let's say you queue up 5 development missions for the base. Why not have a fleet queue for attack and defense of your base and until you win one of each, you can't turn in those five missions to move forward. In this way your starbase can't go "backwards" at all as they have stated they want to avoid. But fleets will have to pvp in order to move there base forward, and with as many starbases as there are going to be, the queues would be constantly popping, and the percentage of pvp fleets would be greatly diluted in the queues.

The other cool idea that may come from this is a group of "freelance" pvp pilots or groups that could hire out their guns for hire services to fleets who dont want to pvp and can afford to pay them to temporarily join long enough to complete their pvp assignments for them. I think this would lend a pretty cool aspect to the game for ppl that have no wish to be in a fleet
Well they plan to redo the PvP system then start on adding PvP. So it is a viable possibility, but as far as the Development of garbage... I dont know where you are going with that...
freelancing has potential...