View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Well, if you want my honest opinion, I'm not sure I understand the logic of counting a series of missions as being less than individual missions. It seems to me that a mission is a mission, regardless of whether it's connected or a standalone.

I mean if someone makes a five mission series, presumably they've spent about as much time as someone who made five single missions. I guess maybe the issue is that if one mission makes the list, then they all make the list? But by the same token if you create a series, you're taking the risk that with each mission fewer and fewer players can just pick up at that mission. It seems like there are pros and cons to both ways of making missions. And then there's the question of what's a series and what's not...

If you want to get technical, you could even consider whether mission length plays a part. Like maybe an hour mission counts as much as two half hour missions, since it has twice as much content. Or maybe it counts half as much because it's too long winded and the long mission's author took twice as much time to do what a shorter mission's author did with half the time. All joking aside, it does generally take longer to make longer missions, but I'm not sure it's practical to take length into consideration.

Obviously you need to try to keep the criteria as simple as possible, and it will never be entirely perfect. So, if I were you, I think I'd just count a mission as a mission for simplicity. But it's your list, and your call to make either way.