View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
Bull dukey, Tumerboy. I've slotted my G-X into those docks with no problem.
That's because they were way out of scale. I'm pretty sure when I made some touchups while doing UPS I made more screen accurate sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver
Thanks for the info Tumerboy, i was just wondering if there are anyplans to make the drydocks functional in anyway as in my post above ? Just think the idea might be cool , but people would maybe complain about seeing damage on the ship and visiting docks to repair them . . lol
I haven't heard any plans like that. My take is that 90% of players would be seriously miffed if they had to return to drydock every time they needed a repair.

While i agree there is something cool about it, the realities of the type of game we have mean that really doesn't fly for most people.

I've tried to convince people it would be good to move the Fed Shipyard to Utopia Planitia, and no one's buying that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeissl View Post
Since the instance is rendered on each persons own computer it could be that each person sees his or her own ship there. Of course, this would require some tech-magic that would have to be implemented first.
Admittedly, I'm not a programmer. Perhaps it's doable in some way, but I have been working here for 7 years, and have never seen this done. To my knowledge, there is no way to display different entities to different players as the game stands today. Also, I like the spot to show off our ships.