View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I was giving an impromptu lecture on high performance cruiser builds and demonstrated the G-R as a high burst DPS gunship that doesn't sacrifice tanking or team healing ability.

That permanent Engineering ensign is really useful if you like to use Auxiliary to Battery + lots of rare Technicians to cut down your boff power recharge significantly. I was spewing disruptor cannons on CRF everywhere and shredding everything, each mark 12 cannon producing 1300-1400 DPS with wep. power pegged at 125 and TT1 active. As I mentioned in the G-R: Last Hurrah thread the effective recharge time for CRF is merely 9 seconds or so, considering the CRF skill starts cooling down immediately on activation and during the burst fire sequence too. If you activate Aux2Batt immediately after CRF you chop the recharge timer down with your active Technicians and it also functions as a makeshift EPTW2 to peg the weapon power at 125.

Technician builds are a bit harder to pull off on normal cruisers as you sacrifice EPTS/W, RSP chains just to put Aux2Batt in there. But with the extra engineering slot, no problems making it work.