View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 130 A certain point of view
03-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

From a tactical standpoint, there is a credible argument that disbanding the Task Force is a bad idea, or at the very least, premature. At that point of time, there is credible evidence -- without need of our 'future knowledge'.

What I was saying is ironic, is that this forum is divided simply in the view point of whether or not it was a bad decision -- which reflects the StarFleet Decision vs. Anika's position.
Heh heh I got to brush up on my Voyager, I do agree with you as well Loekii their is points that the disbanding of the fleet is a tactical error however their are also points that not using the taskforce in other duties would be a more tragic error.

What I keep reminding myself is that the borg are not the only ones out there the Romulans and Klingons are at the front door and even with the knowledge of the borgs capability their is reason to belive that they wont be back for a while say another 20 or so years (or ever by the timelines standpoint).

Though I belive that the disbanding of the taskforce is a error and was stupid. Another viewpoint is deal with the enemy if front of you deal with the hear and now, though ultimatly shortsighted it is hard to see the enemy in the distance when their are a pair of people who will shoot you standing right in fron of you blocking your view.