View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
There are always extenuating circumstances I know, especially with a grand project like you are doing. But the way I always rationalized it to myself:

If you want more than 25 contacts, ones you can't use re-skinned non-combat groups to represent, then you are trying to put more than 26 individual conversations or people you expect the players to talk to on one map.

I love dialog heavy missions myself, but, there is some stamina involved there... If I can't break it up, I would be questioning what I was trying to do myself. But! Diversity among authors is awesome! Gives us better choices!
Agreed. My missions are dialogue heavy, but I also tried to break it up so that it wasn't all on one map. I wanted players to feel like their choices were actually getting them somewhere.

However, I really like that idea of using a neutral NPC and linking an object interaction to it. It never ceases to amaze me what kind of creative workarounds people come up with to get what they want out of their project.