View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 21
03-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
In the meantime, please accept my apologies and I look forward to providing you all with more game content.
Awen this is such a tough bunch of people. You would think we are competing for a million dollars or something... There will be MANY MANY ways to get into beta, including a likely massive random selection just before beta starts.

As to the last contest, II myself was a little surprised the winning entry was so long, I think many members had to cut out a lot of content from their works to get their submission down to those small 300 words, thus feeling "robbed" of a chance to share their creativity. However, I do think we can all agree that the winning person did a great job and deserves the victory.

I really hope that not all future contests will be random lottery only... but if it is necessary to stop the flaming and OMG's after every contest, I support that decision.

To those of you that are attacking Awen's position and Awen personally because of these past couple contests, you need to consider something. Awen's job is soooo much more than the occasional forum contest. She is one of our bridges to the development team. Just how much we are able to interact with Cryptic and how Cryptic treats us with pre-release content is being determined by how we interact with Awen (among others.) If you guys want us on a tight chain go ahead and keep blasting every move she makes, if you want to stay in good standing for goodness sakes guys, EASE UP@