View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3
06-21-2012, 05:15 AM

Title: Shadows of the Past
Author: backyardserenade
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: 31+
Author Notes: Solo-play. Dialog-heavy. Light combat. Part 1 of 3.
Current Version: 1.003.009

Description:
An Orb of the Prophets was stolen during a recent True Way raid on the Bajoran capital. Starfleet Command wants you to investigate the whereabouts of a Bajoran ship that apparently engaged the True Way raiders responsible for the theft.

Head to the Toron System in the Beta Ursae Sector Block to search for the S.S. Ratosha.

Further comments:
My first foundry mission. I would love some feedback on map design, story progression, characters and dialogs.

I'm not a native speaker of English. So everyone who points me in the direction of spelling errors gets a free cookie.

Reviews:
- BroadcastUGC Episode 40 (YouTube | StarbaseUGC.com | Thread)
- SBUGC List of Great Missions (Thread)
- Evil70th's In-depht Mission Review (Thread)
- November/December 2012 edition of the Stonewall Times (PDF file)
- The Foundry Roundtable 64 (June 2014) (YouTube | Thread)

"I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who loves a great story combined with good maps and tough but fun battles." - Evil70th

"The maps look cool. The story was well based in what was established on Deep Space Nine. [...] One of the things that stood out about this mission, that almost every kind of dialog had those two-way choices at the end." - BroadcastUGC

"Backyardserenade delivers a phenomenally written, Bajoran-centric story that has its roots in the Deep Space Nine universe. The intricately developed storyline easily rivals those being published by some of the best Foundry authors known to the community, despite this being the author's first published mission. This story would find itself at home in the DS9 TV series." - Stonewall Times

"What sold the mission to me was not even the story about the Vedek [...], it's the environment. [...] It looks like it's a prequel to "Emissary"." - The Foundry Roundtable

Forum thread: here
STOWiki site: here

Thanks for your feedback!

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."

Last edited by backyardserenade; 07-07-2014 at 10:12 PM.