View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayezilla View Post
Perhaps I'm assuming that you are all more informed than you are. Let me get a few background facts down:

Phaser: 2.5% chance to disable a random subsystem
Disruptor: 2.5% chance to lower the targets hull damage resistance by 10% for 15 sec
Plasma: 2.5% chance to apply a non-stacking damage-over-time debuff
Polaron: 2.5% chance to reduce all enemy subsystem power levels by 25
Tetryon: 2.5% chance to deal additional shield damage
Antiproton: 20% increased critical severity

These can be roughly grouped into two kinds of weapons:

Weapons that affect shield and/or weapon systems: Tetryon, Polaron, Phaser.

Weapons that increase hull damage: Antiproton, Disruptor, Plasma.

Are we all in agreement so far? So, to continue a little further, there are three primary kinds of combat that we can currently engage in: PVP, STF PVE and non STF PVE. I'm going to discard non-stf PVE as a consideration because it is trivial at level cap.

So here is my assumption: In PVP, the first weapon category (shield/weapon system affecting weapons) are the optimal weapons, with the second category(barring Plasma weapons) being very close behind.

In PVE, the second category (barring Plasma weapons) is optimal for the lowest Time To Kill, specifically because the majority of borg damage is Hull damage.

Now don't get me wrong, the shield/weapon systems category 'can' still be used effectively in STFs. The 2.5% phaser and polaron proc will reduce incoming damage and help kill the enemy shields. If reducing incoming damage is what you want to do, by all means use the phaser/polaron weapons. However, from a Time To Kill perspective in STF PVE, the anti shield/weapon system weapons are a few percentage points worse than Antiproton and Disruptor weapons.
We are informed just fine, thanks.:tongue: You "assume" a great deal.
You are definitely a bit uninformed, not understanding of the end game data that is being provided and condescending when you speak to others with some of your opening lines. Perhaps you would be better received by again providing in game data and not hypothetical "if's" based on what a stat on a weapon is, vs to what it "actually" does in game by taking in the raw data that many of us use which shows true after effects when all the variables are taken into account.
Many folks, myself included have been doing this game since closed beta and we have mountains of data to look over. We test new things that come out in ways most never even conceive of attempting and we compare notes and data.

Weapon that affect shield is only Tetryon. Polaron affect power settings regardless of shields, Disruptors/Plasma affect hull regardless of shields, Phasers affect sub-systems regardless of shields, Anti-proton is just plain raw damage to everything shields and hull. There is just no 2 specific things for weapons as a whole. It is not a hypothetical thing. It is a set hard data that is effect by a large set of in game variables.

It is clear you really do not know how the game really is functioning. Consider this the last participation of our conversation on my part. Have a good day neighbor.