View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 13
06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Im gonna wait a little... If moderation is as effective from now on as it was with that particular thread, I see little reason for a report tool. if not... yea... bring it back.
Don't see how it can be that effective all the time. The thread was addressed to a Dev, the EP for crying out loud, and the very first post was a clear infraction. Very noticeable, easy to spot, and no context needed to establish the fault.

Contrast that with a less visible thread, not directed at a dev, where the post is not strictly relevant to the thread itself and may not even be a personal attack, just offensive.

If there's no official moderator listed, you can't know who to PM... aside from maybe Brandon, and I can just imagine how much stuff he has to wade through in a given day.

Depending on the nature of the offense, I guess I'd try the civil way first... PM or respond to the offender and politely ask them to retract before I go to the trouble of seeking out a mod. If I get flamed in response, then I'll know there's no point in reasoning and seek a resolution accordingly.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized you can't PM folks unless they let you. If privacy's turned on, you get nowhere.