View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
06-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
1. Actually I was puzzled by that fact :tongue:

2. I wanted it to stay challenging for the players that were smart (or cowardly?) enough to take on some assistance, however this kinda screwed up those that weren't that bright :smile:

3. The mobs off the mission path are for a placeholder objective, and can't be reached without one of the following: Caitian, Supply Cache ability, extreme luck as well as observation. This is because the hidden mobs are in fact several captain-grade Borg mobs designed to kill a specially spawned Orion mob for the final objective on the map; this was implemented so that I could apply a branching dialogue depending on storyline whilst still keeping the ability to have a degree of control over when the map ends. Unfortunately, even those mobs aren't enough to rapidly assassinate the Orion ensign-grade mob, so there will be a slight delay between the end of the dialogue and the transfer-to-next-map prompt. However, the first 10 people to reach the room (before or after the Borg spawn) will receive 5000 energy credits (currently 9 remaining). They will need to send me an ingame mail with the appropriate code :biggrin:

Edit: Once again, I will state that the mobs were optimised for people who both used the emergency holograms and released K'rek - the other storylines will be increasingly challenging, scaling with the strength (difficulty) of the allied mobs - K'rek being a Captain-grade unit in all the mobs, and the various other characters appearing as Commanders, Lieutenants, and Ensigns at random.

K'rek does NOT appear with any allies unless his mob has been specifically optimised for assistance from the Explorer's crew, as seen in the Askaid-Onde MDC combination during the first map that uses him - the bridge battle uses separate mobs for K'rek and the Explorer crew no matter what.
Every author must do what they think is right for their mission. As I've always said, everything in my reviews are recommendations on how I feel it can be improved. What the author does with it is their business. :wink:

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".