View Single Post
Ensign
# 8
06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
So, I love Star Trek, so even more so do I love playing in the STO universe. However, I become really disappointed when the game doesn't start up and there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. Here is the problem I have encountered. The launcher works beautifully and the game starts; however, once I hit the Cryptic loading screen, the bar makes it 1/3 of the way through and freezes. I have literally let it sit on the loading screen for hours, doesn't budge. When I try to close out the program is says it has crashed.

I have re installed the game and nothing has happened, still the exact same problem. I
I have disabled all of my firewall settings, nothing has happened.

I am playing on an HP Pavilion dv6-1334us Entertainment Notebook (Whatever that means if it is helpful)

Another thing I need to say: I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but about the same time this problem arose, Google Chrome started acting up and crashing. It keeps giving me error reports of: "The following plugin has crashed: UNKNOWN." Don't know if that helps or not, weigh in please.

Well, i've started to have the exact same problem. Except for the fact it makes it 2/3 of the way.

Seriously, Get this fixed...