Thread: Neverwinter
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3
06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Neverwinter is not the reason the game is suffering, but it may be related.

The game is suffering because it started in a hole and never really managed to climb out. Cryptic has failed, at nearly every turn, to improve on previous content when they release new content. It's a very simple mater of quality. Cryptic has really been dropping the ball on that.

Consider the starbase interiors. Most of the interiors are re-used maps and art assets. I've seen Foundry missions that had more engaging interiors (with a more limited tool set).

Screens: Look familiar?
It goes beyond reuse though. Most of the chairs still aren't intractable (for sitting). Interiors are still huge, while other games seem to be able to figure out how to make well scaled interiors. Textures are bland and spread far beyond their size. You see too much repetition in surface texture, which makes the world seem less alive. They just now patched holes in some ship interior maps that have been there for over a year.

I could go on all day. Cryptic has asked us, so many times, to forgive a rushed launch. Unfortunately they have not made up for it with consistent quality. I can forgive mistakes of the past, but you must do better with the new things. Cryptic has failed to do so far too many times.

If you need me, you can find me over at a game that figured out how to make a beautiful and engaging setting, with reasonably scaled interiors.
http://imgur.com/a/lQ7OG#29
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile