View Single Post
Ensign
# 18
06-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Although the game has money, I'm not sure the Federation we've come to know through the show would have a "funded by" note. Just sayin'.
I have always felt that the Federation must have some form of economy. After all, the resources for the ships must come from somewhere? I don't think bartering cultural artifacts or knowledge would suffice? Or maybe giant REPLICATORS! :biggrin:

Quote:
I like how you incorporate consoles and in-game materials. I'm curious: how did you get those measurements?
Conjecture mostly. I measured up the Maelstrom-class in-game with an Intrepid-class. The visual comparison made sense to me; except for the saucer section which is more wider.

Quote:
62 x 6 = 372. Can the shuttles hold 128 people? 2 Delta class, 4 type 9, and 4 type 18 pods - 10 total. You'd have to fit 12 - 13 people in each of those craft to fully evacuate in the event of a ship-destroying event. Something to think about.
Correction. The crew compliment is 200, so the shuttlecraft and lifeboats are more than sufficient to ensure that all the ship's crew and visitors can safely evacuate.

The maximum capacity of the vessel during an emergency is 550. It would be a tragedy, if the ship were to rescue individuals from a small outpost or another ship, and then get itself destroyed too!

Quote:
That's always the challenge in something like this - combining reality, Star Trek canon, and game abilities. I think you've done a pretty good job. It's a bit wordy, but your descriptions definitely match BO abilities or game tactics in a plausible way, which is cool.

I did have to skim a few sections reading it just now, but it all looks pretty good. I would suggest creating a condensed version - the full length one is cool, and interesting for people who want to read all of it, but I imagine many (most) people would prefer a shorter cliff notes version. Other than the length, I like it. Very thorough & detailed. You've clearly put a lot of thought into how the ship would operate based on its structure and the in-game mechanics, and turned it into a great piece of work.
Thank you for the feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time.